Take A Mission Trip
Welcome! We are excited you are thinking about partnering us. Volunteer mission teams are vital to the success of our mission in Haiti. There are many opportunities to assist with the mission of HOM/MICECC in Haiti. Teams generally participate in work on one of these areas of focus; click on your area of interest for more information.
- Vacation Bible School
- Leadership Training (individuals work with an established curriculum)
Planning a trip: It is our hope this will be a rewarding experience for you and your team. The following information will help as you recruit your team and plan for your trip.
- Team participants should be at least 15 years of age and in good health. Team members younger than age 16 must be accompanied by a parent. There is no age restriction for older adults but all participants should be in good health and physically able to function in less than ideal conditions.
- A short-term mission trip is 1 week in length, with arrival on Saturday or Sunday.
- Generally 2-3 teams are scheduled per week, depending on team size and project.
- Currently there are few opportunities for individuals, but efforts will be made to pair volunteers age 21 and older with existing teams or other individuals to form a team.
- The average cost for a 1 week mission trip is approximately $1400-$1800 per person, depending on airfare, lodging choice, and project type. The daily cost for lodging is $40 per person if staying at HOM’s guesthouse; other local guesthouses and hotels range from $45 up. Other costs include transportation, translators, souvenirs, and site seeing trips.
- Teams are asked to contribute to the cost of the project and to bring necessary tools or equipment (hammers, screwdrivers, medical or VBS supplies etc.).
Let’s Get Started
- Secure your travel dates with our Trip Coordinator: Request a first and second choice for your travel dates. Teams are scheduled on a first come, first serve basis and as resources and space allows. Do not pay for travel or other arrangements until your trip date is approved. Please allow up to 1 week for a response.
NOTE: Due to the unreliability of the internet in Haiti, please send all requests to schedule and plan a mission trip to the Trip Coordinator. We have a reliable process in place to assure that all information is delivered to the responsible staff in Haiti. Please do not contact any Haitian staff member directly as staff and responsibilities may have changed.
- Once your trip is confirmed, submit the Team Leader’s name and contact information, type of project, anticipated group size, and lodging needs to the Trip Coordinator.
- In subsequent e-mails, always include in the subject line: Name of the team or team leader and the dates for your trip (for example John Smith Team, 6/11 – 6/18/2020).
- Read “Guidelines for Team Leaders” for information regarding preparing for your trip (includes due dates for payment and forms.)
- Information about your project will be sent after your trip date is confirmed.
Register your Team:
- Download the Team Registration Form, a Word document that can be completed and emailed to Trip Coordinator. Refer to the bottom of form for instructions.
- After you have completed the form, you can use our Team Registration link to upload and send it to the HOM Trip Coordinator.
- Coordinate with the appropriate HOM project coordinator to plan your project. (Contact information for construction, medical, VBS and leadership coordinators will be sent to you).
- Begin planning meeting(s) for your team to discuss job assignments, schedule, needed supplies, projects, etc. Have your team members complete the Risk Waiver and Health History
- Encourage team members to learn about Haiti and HOM. Click here for FAQ sheets about our ministries and Haiti.
- Read the Guidelines for All Teams for additional information to help prepare for your mission and while on the mission field. Additional guidelines are available for our Medical and Dental teams.